Friday, October 1, 2010

Grades

It is a well-known fact that I am too hard on myself.  When it comes to grades, I always think that I should be doing better...even if I get an A.  It's really ridiculous to put all of that stress on myself, but that's just how I am.  Teachers have been announcing the class averages on different exams, and at times, I am absolutely appalled. When an average is 79% and teachers say that everyone did a good job, I get kind of mad.  To me, anything below an 85% is unacceptable...even if I don't study.  There are times when I know I did poorly on a test, and I expect it.  Even when I know that a test was difficult and half of the questions didn't make sense, I still should have done better.  There used to be a time when I didn't care about grades so much...I used to throw away my homework and not pay attention in class. Now, I think I take school too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment